Community Living Support Worker (Group Homes)
PLEASE CLICK HERE for a full position description.
FULL TIME, PART TIME & CASUAL
Do you have experience working in group homes? Do you enjoy supporting people with a dual diagnosis? The Junction Works are now recruiting experienced and dedicated support workers to join our two supported accommodation programs in Fairfield.
The Junction Works Community Living service provides supported accommodation in a community setting to people with a disability. The service provides a range of supports that are flexible and responsive to the changing needs of our residents. Our aim is to enable our residents to live a quality life in their community: a life that is as independent as possible and that is meaningful to the person.
The role of Community Living Support Worker will be to provide support and guidance to residents to enable them to develop the full range of life skills and gain further independence. You will be working with residents who all have a dual diagnosis – a mild intellectual disability and mental health issues. Some of these residents will also have a history of drug and alcohol abuse and homelessness.
These roles will need a flexible approach to accommodate weekend and out of hours work, including overnight shifts.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Certificate III in Disability or Mental Health or Community Services
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the provision of support to people with disability to increase their independence, improve their health and wellbeing and to access their community.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing person centred approaches and models of service.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of customer care in a disability service.
• Commitment to team work and an ability to work independently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proficiently use Microsoft suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to identify and understand challenges facing people from culturally and linguistically diverse and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
• Hold a valid first aid certificate or commitment to obtain within 3 months of commencement
Full-time & Part-time
NAPSA SACS Award Rate. Total package from $60,313.06 and $66,686.09 pro rata (includes salary $46,922.87 – $51,729.66 pro rata, plus superannuation, leave loading and salary packaging).
NAPSA SACS Award Rate. Hourly rate from $29.08 ph (includes 25% loading) plus superannuation.
All applications MUST address the selection criteria + resume + 2 referees.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com, or send your application to:
The Junction Works Ltd
PO Box 15 AUSTRAL NSW 2179
Back to the positions vacant