Disability Program Coordinator
PLEASE CLICK HERE for a full position description.
Closing Date: Wednesday 2 May 2018
FULL TIME 38 HOURS
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your career? Are you passionate about supporting people with a disability?
The Junction Works is a not for profit, community-based organisation serving Sydney’s south-west since 1987. With its Mission of creating new possibilities in people’s lives, The Junction Works focuses on delivering creative and enriching community, youth, children’s and disability services that are designed to improve the lives of some of our community’s most vulnerable people.
We are now looking for a Disability Program Coordinator to oversee one of our day services in South West Sydney. This role will oversee a team of dedicated and professional disability support workers providing a range of programs that meet the participants' needs and goals under NDIS. You will also work closely with other Disability Program Coordinators and the Manager of Disability Day Services to ensure the efficient running of all programs across the organisation.
We are looking for a candidate who can bring experience and passion to this exciting role, and who can grow and evolve with The Junction Works and the disability industry.
If you are interested, please apply with a resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience against our selection criteria below.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Minimum of a Certificate IV in Disability or Community Services
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of support to people with disability to increase their independence, improve their health and wellbeing and to access their community.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing person centred approaches and models of service.
• Proven experience in mentoring and developing your team to improve productivity and increase service levels
• Demonstrated communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with families from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds
• Commitment to team work with an ability to work independently as needed
• Commitment to promote and maintain WHS in the workplace
• Understanding of NDIS and Quality and Safe Guarding Framework
• Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to employment)
• Current NSW Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain prior to employment)
• Current NSW Light Rigid (LR) Driver’s Licence (or willingness to obtain within 3 months of employment)
• Demonstrated knowledge of the issues faced by people in South Western Sydney.
• Ability to identify and understand the challenges faced by people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to develop strategies to provide services to these people.
• Experience in developing and monitoring Policies and Procedures to meet the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
• Understanding of the Quality Assurance process in the workplace.
• High level computer literacy including the use of MS Office programs.
NAPSA SACS Award Rate. Total package from $79,836.67 and $85,437.18 (includes salary $64,465.90 – $69,525.56, plus superannuation, leave loading and salary packaging).
All applications MUST address the selection criteria + resume + 2 referees.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send your application to:
The Junction Works Ltd
PO Box 15 AUSTRAL NSW 2179
Closing Date: Wednesday 2 May 2018
Back to the positions vacant