PLEASE CLICK HERE for a full position description.
Casual up to 38 hours per week (with view to permanency)
The Junction Works is seeking experienced and committed Disability Support Workers to join our expanding team. With our mission of ‘Creating new possibilities in people’s lives”, we are seeking workers who are motivated to support people with a disability to reach their goals and live a quality life.
We encourage people with bilingual skills to apply, in particular those with strong ties to the local Vietnamese community and skills in verbal and written Vietnamese language.
We currently have positions in our community access, accommodation and supported living services in South West Sydney, and can offer Full-time, Part-time and Casual employment.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
• Qualifications in or enrolment in qualifications that relate to Disability or Social Services
• Previous experience working with people that have a disability
• Good communication, computer and administrative skills
• Willingness to work with people with a disability in relation to their personal care or housework, within the clients’ home.
• Commitment to team work and an ability to work independently
• Ability to identify and understand challenges facing people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders
• An understanding of and commitment to maintaining WHS in the workplace
• Have a flexible approach to working weekends and out of business hours work
• Current first aid certificate (or commitment to obtain within 1 months of commencement)
• Current NSW Light Rigid Driver’s License (or commitment to obtain within 3 months of employment
• Current NSW Working with Children Check
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
• Qualification and/or experience in Auslan in a workplace environment
• Ability to communicate fluently in Vietnamese
NAPSA SACS Award Rate. Hourly rate from $30.01 ph (includes 25% loading) plus superannuation.
All applications MUST address the selection criteria + resume + 2 referees.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send your application to:
The Junction Works Ltd
PO Box 15 AUSTRAL NSW 2179
Back to the positions vacant