Senior Occupational Therapist
PLEASE CLICK HERE for a full position description.
Senior Occupational Therapist
FULL TIME 38 HOURS
Do you have a passion for supporting people with a disability? Are you ready to step up into a leadership position? If so, this newly created role may be for you.
With the introduction of NDIS within south-west Sydney the opportunity has arisen for The Junction Works to increase our Allied Health team. Currently The Junction Works has a young vibrant team that provides services in occupational therapy, speech pathology, psychology and behaviour management.
This role will provide leadership and guidance across the Allied Health team, but in particular to other Occupational Therapists in the team. A key part of this role will be to provide specialist support services to people with a disability, their families and carers. These services will be delivered within a person-centred, strengths based approach; identifying the individual’s strengths and needs and designing a program of support as per their individual goals in their NDIS package.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Recognised Degree in Occupational Therapy and eligibility for membership to professional association.
• General registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
• At least 4 years minimum experience working with people with a disability with complex needs, incorporating specialised and complex intervention strategies such as equipment prescription and environmental modifications.
• Experience working collaboratively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with other services.
• Experience of NDIS implementation, reviews and requirements
• Current understanding of the issues, trends and approaches underpinning the provision of services to people with a disability and their families and carers under NDIS
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, procedures and standards impacting on the delivery of services to people with a disability, including the Disability Inclusion Act 2014.
• Experience and understanding of time management skills in line with NDIS provision
• Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership, supervision and support to other Occupational Therapists within team
• Well developed conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to collect, interpret and utilise clinical data.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills including verbal, written and cross cultural.
• Ability to identify and understand challenges facing people from culturally and linguistically diverse and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Current NSW Drivers Licence
• Current NSW Working with Children Check
Health Professionals and Support Services Award Rate. Total package from $96,610.71 (includes salary from $79,581.28 – $84,930.85, plus superannuation, leave loading and salary packaging).
All applications MUST address the selection criteria + resume + 2 referees
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send your application to:
The Junction Works Ltd
PO Box 15 AUSTRAL NSW 2179
Back to the positions vacant