The Works Practice provides allied health and support coordination services to children, young people and adults living with a disability.
We strive to deliver a great customer experience and positive impact.
At the commencement of service The Works Practice team will ensure that the participant and / or their carer understands what the service involves and how the service will be provided under the hours allocated in their NDIS Plan.
Transparency and communication are integral to the way we work.
The Works Practice provides allied health services through a team of highly experienced, energetic and caring therapists who use personalised interventions to support people to reach their therapeutic goals and live a higher quality of life. Our allied health team provides:
Psychology & Behaviour Support, for counselling, behaviour intervention, coping with challenges and strategies to manage mental health
Occupational Therapy for assistance with goal setting for improved wellbeing, emotional regulation, improving and maintaining skills of daily living, and prescribing adaptive equipment and home modification for increased independence.
Speech Pathology for assistance in the prevention, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children, young people and adults.
People with a disability may consider therapy in order to:
- Learn to cope with a challenging situation or life transition
- Become more independent
- Participate in the community
- Learn everyday skills
- Increase communication
- Develop social skills and relationships
- Feel comfortable with certain smells, touch and other senses
- Be more physically mobile
- Manage swallowing and enjoy new food and mealtime experiences
- Increase self-confidence
NDIS Support Coordination
The Works Practice has an energetic, knowledgeable and independent team of Support Coordinators who are keen to help you make the most of your NDIS Plan.
The role of a Support Coordinator is to help participants put their NDIS Plan into action by connecting them to mainstream and specialist supports and services.
A Support Coordinator will help you to:
- Understand how you can use your NDIS Plan to meet your goals
- Manage your NDIS funding effectively to get the best outcome from your plan
- Work with your carers, family, and other services providers in order to meet the goals of your NDIS Plan
- Teach you (or your carer) how to access the NDIS portal so that you can monitor how your funds are being spent
- Monitor the progress and outcomes of achieving your goals
- Assisting you to prepare for your next NDIS review meeting