The Works Practice provides individualised therapy assessments and intervention including Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Speech Pathology and Positive Behaviour Support.
You might seek a Therapy Service if you are looking to:
- Take part in activities within the local community
- Be more independent and learn every day skills
- Develop social skills and make new friends
- Communicate with and be understood by others
- Feel more comfortable with certain sounds, smells, touch and other senses
- Be more physically mobile
- Manage swallowing and enjoy new tastes
- Learn how to deal with situations that make you feel stressed or alarmed
Our therapists will work with you to develop a plan to achieve agreed goals. We also provide services in our consulting rooms (which saves on the cost of travel) or in an environment in which you feel comfortable.
To find out how we can support you or someone you care for please contact us on 8777 0500 or email us with your phone number at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back.
The Works Practice
The Works Practice is a team of highly experienced, energetic and friendly practitioners, who are committed to improving the quality of life of people living with a disability.
Therapists provide sessions from our rooms at 1 Bonnyrigg Avenue, Bonnyrigg, NSW 2177 (adjacent to the childcare centre) or within your home, school or other safe environment at your request. The latter usually includes the cost of travel paid through your NDIS plan.
The Works Practice provides:
Psychology for counselling, learning to cope with challenges and strategies to manage mental health
Behaviour Support, for behaviour intervention, coping with challenging behaviours and developing Behaviour Support Plans inclusive of restrictive practices as a last resort.
Occupational Therapy for assistance with setting goals, increasing independence and improving living skills
Speech Pathology for assistance with improving communication, interaction and managing mealtime (eating, drinking, swallowing)
Click on the above links for specific information on each Therapy Service.
When to consider a Therapy Service
You might consider therapy support in order to:
- Learn to cope with a challenging situation or life transition
- Become more independent
- Participate in the community
- Learn everyday skills
- Increase communication
- Develop social skills and relationships
- Feel comfortable with certain smells, touch and other senses
- Be more physically mobile
- Manage swallowing and enjoy new food and mealtime experiences
- Increase self-confidence
What does therapy involve at The Junction Works?
All of our Therapy Services are personalised and cater to individual needs, involving both assessment and intervention.
- Assessment sessions
- Summary Report
- Detailed Report
- Recommendations and Implementation Plans
- Equipment research and Trial Sessions
- Individual skills development and training
- Capacity Building Resources
- Assistance with plan implementation
- Preparation for school including liaison with schools and other support groups
- Ongoing review of your goals
DISCLAIMER: The Works Practice provides therapy intervention developed specifically for each unique participant. The design of an individual's intervention can require research and the development of specific resources which meet the individual's needs, including social stories, communication books, and other sensory and communication items. Research, the development of resources, travel and NDIS report writing means that not all of a participant's therapy funding is used in direct, face-to-face therapy. Our therapists will discuss their approach to intervention with you through the process of developing your Therapy Plan.