At The Junction Works our Therapists provide a range of services to support children, young people and adults living with a disability.
What is therapy?
The Junction Works’ Therapy Services operate through a team of experienced, energetic and friendly practitioners, who are committed to meeting your needs and interests.
Our Therapy Services comprise:
Psychology & Behaviour Support, for counselling, behaviour intervention, coping with challenges and strategies to manage mental health
Occupational Therapy for assistance with setting goals, increasing independence and improving living skills
Speech Pathology, for assistance with improving communication, interaction and managing mealtime (eating, drinking, swallowing)
Click on the above links for specific information on each Therapy Service.
When to consider a Therapy Service
You might consider therapy support in order to:
- Learn to cope with a challenging situation or life transition
- Become more independent
- Participate in the community
- Learn everyday skills
- Increase communication
- Develop social skills and relationships
- Feel comfortable with certain smells, touch and other senses
- Be more physically mobile
- Manage swallowing and enjoy new food and mealtime experiences
- Increase self-confidence
What does therapy involve at The Junction Works?
All of our Therapy Services are personalised and cater to individual needs, involving both assessment and intervention.
- Assessment sessions
- Summary Report
- Detailed Report
- Recommendations and Implementation Plans
- Equipment research and Trial Sessions
- Individual skills development and training
- Capacity Building Resources
- Assistance with plan implementation
- Preparation for school including liaison with schools and other support groups
- Ongoing review of your goals
Please note that NDIS packages differ by hours and service components.